Poker is region locked

Hetraet

I need more info about this.

If you can't access poker after the latest patch let me know what country you from.

I'm from central europe, czechia to be particular and don't know anyone playing this game in my country so I can't tell if I'm the only one here with this issue. It might be possibly region blocked and that's what I fear the most.

Edited by Hetraet
  • Like 1

Dr.Rosenthal

@Hetraet You might be right, but if that was the case shouldn’t R* have said so? Usually when stuff is region-locked it comes with some sort of a disclaimer if I’m not

mistaken. Did you try contacting support about it?

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

Just now, Dr.Rosenthal said:

@Hetraet You might be right, but if that was the case shouldn’t R* have said so? Usually when stuff is region-blocked it comes with some sort of a disclaimer if I’m not

mistaken. Did you try contacting support about it?

Yep, even reinstalled the game. Support still hasn't answered yet. I really hope this is not the case but I literally tried all I could and there is still no poker for me. The last thing that comes to my mind is that I have a double NAT and that could make some issues I guess? Still don't get it because all the new content is available...it's just the poker that doesn't work

3 minutes ago, Hetraet said:

Yep, even reinstalled the game. Support still hasn't answered yet. I really hope this is not the case but I literally tried all I could and there is still no poker for me. The last thing that comes to my mind is that I have a double NAT and that could make some issues I guess? Still don't get it because all the new content is available...it's just the poker that doesn't work

Try to use VPN, see if you will see the Poker icon.

If you happen to see it, then it's region locked for your country.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, gtafan1995 said:

Poland. Can't play it.

It seems like R* really hates europeans

• Like 1

happygrowls
8 minutes ago, Hetraet said:

It seems like R* really hates europeans

It's more your countries law on Online Gambling, not Rockstar's fault that your country has strict gambling laws.

4eyedcoupe

@Hetraet  I was reading your post in the other thread this morning and wondered if it was based on where you were from myself.  I hope you get to the bottom of it.  Fun's idea would tell you if you have access to VPN

JuliuszMCMXCVII
2 minutes ago, happygrowls said:

It's more your countries law on Online Gambling, not Rockstar's fault that your country has strict gambling laws.

It is Rockstar's fault since they didn't mention it anywhere. If the region lock is the case I expect from them to put a disclaimer in the newswire post or at least in the patch notes.

Disclaimer is all I need... I'm here trying to figure out VPN's, reinstalling the game and sh*t and there is no input from R* at all about this... It's a big deal if it's region locked, this could be also put as false advertisement and fraud. 

This feels illegal to me...they promote something I can't even use in-game and don't tell anyone about it. There's no mention of this anywhere.

Between3and22char
7 minutes ago, happygrowls said:

I have to agree with this, this can't be R* side but on the country laws. Still R* should have put a disclaimer, saying "poker is region locked due to country laws and regulations blah blah....", that is R* fault.

For example, I have a sport German car, legally I can drive up to 130 km/h and the car feels like is walking very slowly, it was made for Germany's Autobahn. Is the country laws and not the car fault that I can't (shouldn’t 😅) drive any faster.  

• Like 3

And If it is region locked due to my stupid ass government then I'm not even surprised... Can't wait to get out of this sh*thole. Anyway how could they even have an issue with that since the poker works with non-purchasable in game currency? Wtf is that? There's a difference between gambling with real money and gambling with virtual money (non-mtx) Either they are completely braindead to not approved it or... well that's it really

They should rather ban the gold store rather than the harmless poker

Between3and22char

if is region locked, I'd go with they are trying to avoid another Star Wars Battlefront 2 fiasco, due to loot boxes gambling. I think this one is on the gambling side.

• Like 1

AndyGanteks

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360023069493/A-feature-is-not-available-in-Red-Dead-Online

Confirmed it seems. We need a list of "banned" countries though.

So far i've seen Czech Republic, Poland, Argentina mentioned.

Edited by AndyGanteks
  • Like 4

Between3and22char
8 minutes ago, AndyGanteks said:

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360023069493/A-feature-is-not-available-in-Red-Dead-Online

Confirmed it seems. We need a list of "banned" countries though.

I said it on the other thread, I'm not happy poker being region locked, but I understand. What pisses me off is R* never said anything about it, specifically talking about poker. And like you said, there is no list. A disclaimer on the newswire should have been enough to put some light on the matter.

Was a very requested feature, at least put an effin disclaimer saying that is region locked. In my case, that bothers me even more than being region locked.

Edited by Between3and22char

The Deadite

Cant play for sh*t.

Commence protocol sad nibba hours...

TheDeadite.gif

1 hour ago, Hetraet said:

Disclaimer is all I need... I'm here trying to figure out VPN's, reinstalling the game and sh*t and there is no input from R* at all about this... It's a big deal if it's region locked, this could be also put as false advertisement and fraud. 

This feels illegal to me...they promote something I can't even use in-game and don't tell anyone about it. There's no mention of this anywhere.

RDO is free - nothing to advertise. You paid for story mode and got it.

• Like 1

When you're dead, you don't know that you're dead. It only affects the people around you.

It's the same when you're stupid.

-Samcro

A GTAO forum member.

Dr.Rosenthal
17 minutes ago, Between3and22char said:

I said it on the other thread, I'm not happy poker being region locked, but I understand. What pisses me off is R* never said anything about it, specifically talking about poker. And like you said, there is no list. A disclaimer on the newswire should have been enough to put some light on the matter.

Was a very requested feature, at least put an effin disclaimer saying that is region locked. In my case, that bothers me even more than being region locked.

Well, legally speaking there is a disclaimer in the game already saying something along the lines of ”some features may be void in certain areas or countries”, but it refers to the game in a larger context.

I agree though that it would have been nice of them to add such a disclaimer into the Newswire post as a courtesy instead of keeping people wondering about why it’s not in the game.

I would say if you can't play it then you live in a responsible country. Time to celebrate.

• Like 2

Seems like imma need to figure out VPN... This is such a bummer. Can anyone recommend some VPN app or something? 

And f*ck R* for not being vocal about it, it's like a stab in the back, they lure me into their game for something (even on message from R* it says poker is available lol) and then I have to figure out why it's not there. Is it that difficult to atleast make people acknowledge that? 

• Like 2

Between3and22char
15 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

Well, legally speaking there is a disclaimer in the game already saying something along the lines of ”some features may be void in certain areas or countries”, but it refers to the game in a larger context.

I agree though that it would have been nice of them to add such a disclaimer into the Newswire post as a courtesy instead of keeping people wondering about why it’s not in the game.

You said it better, but that is what I've been saying.

Poker was a requested feature, you put it as a big thing on the newswire. Now, some people can't play it. If is region locked you knew from the get go that those players won't be able to play, instead of wondering why, just put something saying that. Someone like me would understand, and I'm sure is due to country laws and not R* fault, but don't leave your players scratching their heads why they can't play.

Edited by Between3and22char

29 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

RDO is free - nothing to advertise. You paid for story mode and got it.

This is actually bs, RDO is not free despite the fact they are treating it like it is, I bought this game for singleplayer and also multiplayer experience and as it is clearly stated on the box it's singleplayer AND multiplayer. If I bought it for story only then why do I get a lot of ''useless" content with each update? If it's actually a different and free to play game, people should be able to obtain it from the store for free? It should be treated like a free to play game and a different entity from the original if you want your point to actually make any sense.

• Like 3

And also - I paid for story mode and got a downgraded mess (not anymore) and also John in epilogue misses lots of features from pre release screenshots, that is false advertisement, when I pointed this out to R* they basically bribed me by 10 gold bars

Guest Guest176525326
41 minutes ago, elfoam said:

I would say if you can't play it then you live in a responsible country. Time to celebrate.

Really? lol, you might wanna consider moving to China or North Korea then, almost everything is banned there...

10 minutes ago, Hetraet said:

And also - I paid for story mode and got a downgraded mess (not anymore) and also John in epilogue misses lots of features from pre release screenshots, that is false advertisement, when I pointed this out to R* they basically bribed me by 10 gold bars

cool, sue them... good luck

• Like 2

When you're dead, you don't know that you're dead. It only affects the people around you.

-Samcro

A GTAO forum member.

JuliuszMCMXCVII
14 minutes ago, Hetraet said:

This is actually bs, RDO is not free despite the fact they are treating it like it is, I bought this game for singleplayer and also multiplayer experience and as it is clearly stated on the box it's singleplayer AND multiplayer. If I bought it for story only then why do I get a lot of ''useless" content with each update? If it's actually a different and free to play game, people should be able to obtain it from the store for free? It should be treated like a free to play game and a different entity from the original if you want your point to actually make any sense.

True. Some of us even paid extra to unlock bonus content in RDO with Ultimate Edition of the game. RDO is not free to play.

Has anyone had any luck with VPN? I'm gonna cancel my ps plus subscription if there is no fix to that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

cool, sue them... good luck

This pisses me off even more, nobody can sue them because of their legal team or whatever tf it is, basically they got everything covered even when it's misleading and scummy it's legaly right. Not for long I hope, there is a new bill getting pushed by senator Hawley you can read about. 

El Diablo 702

Sadly this is not the first time a game company has done this sort of thing.  R* should’ve listed the country/regions that wouldn’t get this kind of content due to whatever reason. 

27 minutes ago, Hetraet said:

This pisses me off even more, nobody can sue them because of their legal team or whatever tf it is, basically they got everything covered even when it's misleading and scummy it's legaly right. Not for long I hope, there is a new bill getting pushed by senator Hawley you can read about. 

That bill is about making loot boxes illegal, how exactly would that apply here.

You are just butthurt, understandably, but there's really isn't anything wrong with what they did.

Call microsoft or sony and have at it.... 

• Like 1

-Samcro

A GTAO forum member.