GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion [Part 5]

Spider-Vice

GTA 6 Speculation & Discussion Part 5  

932 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think GTA VI is going to be announced?

• 2022 or later
  2. 2. When do you think GTA VI is going to be released?

• Earlier than 2022
    • Later than 2023
  3. 3. Where do you think GTA VI is going to be mainly set?

• Vice City
    • Liberty City
    • A completely new place
    • All the earlier GTA places at once

Tommy "Nightmare" Smith
2 hours ago, wise_man said:

Maybe 15 years in the future, we all will be pissed off to R* again because they announce GTA VI E&E for PS7.

When we got GTA VI, we must anticipate the next R* milking strategy.

The most hated and loved game... In the world. 

Felipeborges388
1 hour ago, Franceskrt said:

The leak of gta iv complete edition for ps5 could be real?

It's fake

• YEE 1
  • KEKW 2

I think GTAV PS5 will have a few uses. All of them being online related of course.  

The first is to keep that cash flow going until GTAVI and eventually use it as a way to cross promote the game like they did with RDR2 but on a bigger level. This is not likely to happen but imagine if they did a big ARG in the form of a treasure hunt ending with the first player to crack it digging up an 80's style pager showing the message, "Daddy's back bitches"  and the words "GTAVI" flashing on every online players screen. That's the type of cool sh*t they could do, if they keep GTAO as relevant as possible on new consoles.

Another big use could be to test certain things for GTAO2. I get the feeling Cayo Perico might be accessible with no load screens if you're crazy enough to fly over there. If that's the case my theory of GTAVI/GTAO2 literally expanding over the years with new city sized islands with their own story and online content could become a reality.

The lobby count itself is also likely to expand. We've gone from 16 to 32 to 64? If GTAO2 does become this constantly expanding playground 32 players definitely won't cut it. Hell 64 might not even cut it. Maybe this PS5/XBSX version might be a way of testing how many players they could add to LS without it turning into complete chaos. With the rise of battle royale games I feel like they should at least aim for 100 players. Multiple 10 man crews in 1 lobby could lead to some fun game modes if done right.

Someone said in this thread that it does not make sense to release GTA6 now as there is close to nobody on the PS5s and XBoxes.

We know that R* does not release their games on PC after 1 or 2 yrs. So this makes a bit of sense.

Spoiler

Expect a tease in 2028 and the release in 2031 for PS8/Xbox. Later in 2033 for PC 2.

• KEKW 3

51 minutes ago, GR7 said:

I think GTAV PS5 will have a few uses. All of them being online related of course.  

The first is to keep that cash flow going until GTAVI and eventually use it as a way to cross promote the game like they did with RDR2 but on a bigger level. This is not likely to happen but imagine if they did a big ARG in the form of a treasure hunt ending with the first player to crack it digging up an 80's style pager showing the message, "Daddy's back bitches"  and the words "GTAVI" flashing on every online players screen. That's the type of cool sh*t they could do, if they keep GTAO as relevant as possible on new consoles.

Another big use could be to test certain things for GTAO2. I get the feeling Cayo Perico might be accessible with no load screens if you're crazy enough to fly over there. If that's the case my theory of GTAVI/GTAO2 literally expanding over the years with new city sized islands with their own story and online content could become a reality.

The lobby count itself is also likely to expand. We've gone from 16 to 32 to 64? If GTAO2 does become this constantly expanding playground 32 players definitely won't cut it. Hell 64 might not even cut it. Maybe this PS5/XBSX version might be a way of testing how many players they could add to LS without it turning into complete chaos. With the rise of battle royale games I feel like they should at least aim for 100 players. Multiple 10 man crews in 1 lobby could lead to some fun game modes if done right.

With recent updates to Online Rockstar really does seem to be listening to fan feedback more. In the Cayo Piero heist we got a solo heist and a submarine, two long-requested features. I think a map expansion is inevitable for next-gen consoles, though it’ll probably happen in 2022-2023

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

29 minutes ago, AntonGandonBF3 said:

Someone said in this thread that it does not make sense to release GTA6 now as there is close to nobody on the PS5s and XBoxes.

We know that R* does not release their games on PC after 1 or 2 yrs. So this makes a bit of sense.

Hide contents

Expect a tease in 2028 and the release in 2031 for PS8/Xbox. Later in 2033 for PC 2.

I've said that for sure lol. There's three options.

Release a cross gen version to maximise sales that is ambitious for a PS4 game, but capped from reaching its full potential. (GTAV)

Release a current gen only version that achieves the full potential of their vision but will need to be held off at least until mid gen 2023/24 once the install base is higher. (GTAIV)

Release a cross gen version that tries to still reach its full potential at the expense of being unplayable on old consoles. (Cyberpunk) 

Edited by GR7
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, GR7 said:

The first is to keep that cash flow going until GTAVI and eventually use it as a way to cross promote the game like they did with RDR2 but on a bigger level. This is not likely to happen but imagine if they did a big ARG in the form of a treasure hunt ending with the first player to crack it digging up an 80's style pager showing the message, "Daddy's back bitches"  and the words "GTAVI" flashing on every online players screen.

Unfortunately, that would be completely uncomfortable and not professional at all. Reading this was also unpleasant, I hope they announce the new game more elegantly than this, given their many years of industry experience.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, marquuard said:

Unfortunately, that would be completely uncomfortable and not professional at all. Reading this was also unpleasant, I hope they announce the new game more elegantly than this, given their many years of industry experience.

They definitely won't do that but it was more an example of cool sh*t they can do to use their current moneymaker to build more hype for their future moneymaker. If anything we'll probably have a small quest that will earn us a unique gun or clothing item in GTAVI.

I guess they'll also have to bring something forward from our GTAO1 characters over to GTAO2, it will be interesting to see what exactly that is. It definitely won't be our rank or the millions of dollars we've earnt. We'll definitely be starting from scratch when it comes to those two things lol.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, marquuard said:

They definitely won't do that but it was more an example of cool sh*t they can do to use their current moneymaker to build more hype for their future moneymaker. If anything we'll probably have a small quest that will earn us a unique gun or clothing item in GTAVI.

I guess they'll also have to bring something forward from our GTAO1 characters over to GTAO2, it will be interesting to see what exactly that is. It definitely won't be our rank or the millions of dollars we've earnt. We'll definitely be starting from scratch when it comes to those two things lol.

36 minutes ago, Americana said:

Why did I move here? Perhaps here... things will be different.

#VI.

life is not complicated , i love people , i don't smuggle people , perhaps here things will be same

• Like 3

"Why did I move here, I guess it was the weather. Or that thing... that magic." - Harry Potter.

Edited by Americana

when it comes to the story im not expecting anything spectacular  like jason s said a moderate sized tittle  

thats a loose term could mean moderate sized for this gen gta v and rdr 2 are moderate for this gen . 

but the story will not be as long as or deep s rdr 2  more gta v length i would say 

the map i think hopefully will be the same size as the rdr 2 map like the scouting leak suggests it might be vice city with parts of the everglades and i imagine states surrounding florida condensed into smaller towns with mountains kind of like rdr 2 was it was rewrites by dan houser and the story length that lead to the issues rockstar staff had so i would not worry about the map size 

• Like 1
  • excuseme 1
  • KEKW 1

One of Wisemen
12 hours ago, Americana said:

Why did I move here? Perhaps here... things will be different.

#VI.

I wonder what will be the first GTA VI trailer's monologue, for real.

Edited by wise_man

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, wise_man said:

My guess is that the first words will be in spanish

2 hours ago, GRANDHEIST said:

My guess is that the first words will be in spanish

Which I guess we might not start at Vice City (if it is set there). Most likely we'll start at one of the South America areas or the Cuba inspired place in the prologue

2 hours ago, wise_man said:

08FFA41FEE1068749589C6C807083FB428475D02

jlm5lRl.png

🌴                    🌴                    🌴                     🌴                    🌴                    🌴 

Rockstar will probably open the trailer by addressing us 'pinche cabrón'.

• Like 3

"So here I am, old and bald. I thought nothing interesting would happen in my life... but here come the aliens!"

"No, I don't want to be an alien!"

"Ah! Uh! Oh!"

"That was nasty!"

Grand Theft Auto: Alien Stories.

Coming 2025.

Edited by Americana

With 2021 right around the corner, how likely is it that the game will be announced that year?

IMO they need to at least announce it in 2021. I am sick to death of V/O. I just need a fresh start, in a new game. A VI announcement would at least give me hope.

9 hours ago, VercettiGuy said:

With 2021 right around the corner, how likely is it that the game will be announced that year?

IMO they need to at least announce it in 2021. I am sick to death of V/O. I just need a fresh start, in a new game. A VI announcement would at least give me hope.

Best R* can do is next gen GTAV! Honestly I will love it if it comes with a SP DLC! but sadly It seems they will continue the V's story in next gen GTAO!(Link)
Also I hope they will change their marketing it's really outdated and annoying! they should announced it asap and release it when it's ready!  
Look at CP2077 marketing .... game announced even before developing the game! their marketing was 11/10 they made a so many fan boys only with some lies and overhyping and sold so many pre orders! imagine that marketing for VI!! 

Edited by WanteD1

CheesyWalnuts
6 minutes ago, WanteD1 said:

Best R* can do is next gen GTAV! Honestly I will love it if it comes with a SP DLC! but sadly It seems they will continue the V's story in next gen GTAO!(Link)
Also I hope they will change their marketing it's really outdated and annoying! they should announced it asap and release it when it's ready!  
Look at CP2077 marketing .... game announced even before developing the game! their marketing was 11/10 they made a so many fan boys only with some lies and overhyping and sold so many pre orders! Image that marketing for VI!! 

Cyberpunk's marketing was horrible, good for business but very annoying.

2 minutes ago, WanteD1 said:

Best R* can do is next gen GTAV! Honestly I will love it if it comes with a SP DLC! but sadly It seems they will continue the V's story in next gen GTAO!
Look at CP2077 marketing .... game announced even before developing the game! their marketing was 11/10 they made a so many fan boys only with some lies and overhyping and sold so many pre orders! Image that marketing for VI ! 

At this point, a SP DLC couldn't save V for me. Just done with it. Maybe in '14 - '16 it would have been interesting, but not anymore. The story itself wasn't that great to begin with, so I don't need a sequel to that.

But holy sh*t yes, their marketing is horrible. The silence kind of worked for me with V, I was 13 back then and super hyped for every piece of information we got.

Then RDR2 was announced, I was super hyped again. I've been waiting for that game for so long. Then ... silence. Again. And I honestly just stopped caring after some time. When they announced all the characters, which I think they did in tweets, I was just like "Okay, cool I guess". I watched trailers for the first time days after they came out, because I just didn't notice they were released. I still bought the game on release day and I was happy with it, but their whole "silence" just ruined the pre-release experience for me.

43 minutes ago, VercettiGuy said:

I given up on R* tbh, and I wouldn't be shocked if V 9th gen port would be pushed back to 2022...

Considering Scheirer’s words about GTA VI being rebooted earlier this year and Dan Houser leaving R*, it’s highly possible we won’t see GTA VI before mid-gen.

I won’t be surprized if GTA V E&E edition is reported too to early 2022.

What about those GTA IV Complete Edition rumors on PS5 ? Is this a hint for GTA Online getting a map expansion with Liberty City ?

However, i’m not waiting for anything from R* for now. Sadly, last GTA Online update disappointed me too.

Edited by iPeluche

3 minutes ago, iPeluche said:

Considering Scheirer’s words about GTA VI being rebooted earlier this year and Dan Houser leaving R*, it’s highly possible we won’t see GTA VI before mid-gen.

I won’t be surprized if GTA V E&E edition is reported too to early 2022.

What about those GTA IV Complete Edition rumors on PS5 ? Is this a hint for GTA Online getting a map expansion with Liberty City ?

However, i’m not waiting for anything from R* for now. Sadly, last GTA Online update disappointed me too.

Was going to offer to ban myself if E&E gets delayed to 2022 but we have all seen the consequences of that lmao. Doubt it tho. 

• KEKW 3

19 minutes ago, iPeluche said:

Considering Scheirer’s words about GTA VI being rebooted earlier this year

He never said that.

And GTA IV on PS5 is fake.

jlm5lRl.png

🌴                    🌴                    🌴                     🌴                    🌴                    🌴